Wisdom Teeth Removal
A Few Health Reasons to Remove Your Wisdom Teeth
1. Gum disease and inflammation associated with wisdom teeth may lead to receding gum tissues, deterioration of the jawbone and tooth loss.
2. Wisdom teeth may contribute to crowding of teeth.
3. In some instances, impacted wisdom teeth develop associated cysts and/or tumors. Removal of such lesions may require invasive procedures to repair and restore jaw function and appearance.
4. Because there is limited space, for wisdom teeth to erupt and because the surrounding gums are difficult to keep clean, infection and inflammation are common even when there are no apparent symptoms. Research supports the concept that such inflammation may enter the bloodstream and contribute to the development and/or progression of a variety of diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke
5. Research suggests that oral inflammation associated with wisdom teeth may contribute to preterm or low birth weight infants.
6. Once it has been determined that a wisdom tooth will not successfully erupt into your mouth and be maintained in a healthy state, early removal of wisdom teeth is associated with faster and easier recovery.
When you need a trusted provider of wisdom teeth removal in Irving, TX, look no further than Professional Dental for top-quality oral healthcare. Our wisdom teeth dentist, Dr. Sonya Reddy, and her team of experts recommend that patients remove wisdom teeth when they are young adults to ensure optimal recovery and prevent future dental problems. But if you’re an adult who requires this procedure, that’s no problem at all! We provide wisdom teeth removal in Irving, TX, for teens and adults of all ages from throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth areas.
At your initial consultation, we’ll discuss the most appropriate treatment plan for your situation. We’ll consider many factors, including type of anesthesia, number of teeth, level of impaction and more. Set up your appointment for wisdom teeth removal in Irving, TX, today!